Friday, May 30, 2014

La última semana normal

Monday, May 26th

Okay, so this is how my week went. On Monday morning, I arrived home from Marbella in the early hours of the morning. Then, I came home and slept for awhile because you know that sleeping on a bus doesn't feel very good. Then, I posted my Spring break blogs, so you should go check all of those out! You can see my posts on Morocco, Granada, and Malaga. In the afternoon and evening, I prepared for an interview that I had on Tuesday, relaxed, and went to Spanish class where we had a substitute teacher. The sub, Irene, was really fun. She was around my age and really spunky. And I learned a new phrase which is "Eres un crack," which is to say like "You are out of this world." Ha. Anyway, once I got home, I made dinner, relaxed, and went to bed.


Tuesday, May 27th

On Tuesday, we worked on beach vocabulary in English and the transportation project in Science. The project is really frustrating in classes, because it is kind of advanced and I don't think a lot of thought was put into it beforehand, but it's still going..slowly, but surely. The students each chose a means of transport and they had to find the inventor, so I was helping them with that, which is really difficult sometimes because sites are like "Well so and so drew plans long before it was invented and this person did this, which led to that, etc." So it's hard, but oh well. Fun fact though, did you know that the Spanish were the first to use ambulances as emergency transport in 1487. I thought that was interesting. :) Anyway, after lunch, I had a kindergarten class and they are working on prepping for graduation, which is adorable. They are rehearsing songs that they have learned throughout the year and they will perform them at graduation on the 11th. Unfortunately, the graduation is during the school day and not at school, so I will not get to see their adorable costumes and performance, but at least I get to watch them rehearse. After that, I had a shortened exchange with Esther because I wanted to get home and eat dinner before my job interview. I didn't really feel good about the interview and how it went. I mean, I thought I did well at answering the questions, but there was no sign for me that it went well, so yea. That was that. Karin came over briefly to get her picture taken on Lucía's nice camera for her résumé, and then the night was done. I went to bed fairly quickly after Karin left.


Wednesday, May 28th

Mmm, Wednesday was just not a great day for me and it all started with me thinking about how I didn't feel good about the interview and with me leaving my water bottle on the train. :( I know it's just a water bottle and I can buy another one, but it was just one of those silly little things that bug you, ya know? Anyway, once at school, I had science where again we worked on the transportation project. I spent a lot of the class helping the students translate parts of the vehicles, like propeller, throttle, kilometer, etc. Heck, I didn't even know what throttle was in Spanish. I do now, ha. Then, I had my other science class, that chose jobs instead of transportation and their projects are going so well! I'm so proud of them. :) Then, I had a kindergarten class and they worked on filling out the June calendar. Can you believe it?! It's almost June! I have less than one month left here! GAH! Anyway, then I had science again and then I had an English class. Then after school, I had my private lessons. They were technically my last ones, but not quite. I forgot to get a picture with my first one, but I will see her again because her and her friend want me to help them study for their global exams, which are like finals. Anyway, all of my lessons went well and with the one student, we finished her book The Amazing Story of Aldolphus Tips. It was really good and I'm glad we finished it. :) Oh, I should also say that I found out that I didn't get the job. I wasn't surprised, but it still kinda sucks. Ha. But, it's all good, the interviewers didn't really smile during the interview anyway. And....

Maya, me, Lorena, and Sandra

Thursday, May 29th

On Thursday I had science where I again helped the students look up inventors and the dates of invention, then I had an English class where the students worked on finishing up some work book pages. Then, again I had science and I made a few suggestions to make the project a little more suitable for the class. Not to brag or anything, but my suggestions have worked so far and they should have happened from the get-go, but it's okay. Some lessons just don't well. In the afternoon, I had a kindergarten class where the students rehearsed for their graduation songs again, because I was in a different class, they were rehearsing different songs and I really liked one of them, which is about a rainbow. So here you go...
After kindergarten, I had one last class for the day, which was the science class with the jobs project. They almost all finished their projects, which is AWESOME! And they were going to start presenting on Friday. Unfortunately, I don't have their class on Friday, but I'm sure they did fantastically! And maybe I will see them on Monday (we'll get to why I'm working on Monday soon). After school, I had my last private lessons with the rest of my students and said goodbye to them, which was sad. :( I will miss them, but it was great getting to know them. I can't even remember what I did when I got home from school, but I'm gonna assume that I ate dinner, relaxed, and went to bed. :)
Jorge, me, and Victor
Me and Sofia

Friday, May 30th

Today was a pretty good day. It was the last day of my old schedule. I will have a new schedule starting next week. I, unfortunately, will work five days a week, I know..how tragic, right? Ha..but...not really, because we will only have half days. :D I will get out at 1 p.m. everyday, so not really a tragedy that I will be working five days a week. Anyway, today I went to the P.E. class and they were skipping (aka jump roping). It was so cute! And I was pretty much a star when I showed them that I could cross my arms in front of me and jump. :P Little do they know, there are professional jump ropers out there that can do way cooler things than I can. Anyway, after that, I had a science class with the transportation project again. We will finish it someday, I'm sure. :) Then, I played with kindergartners. :) It was a good day. At the end of the school day, I came home and relaxed. I had about five things that I wanted to complete today and so far I have only completed two, which is not promising, but the weekend is here and I am ready to accomplish things! Let's hope for the best! I hope you all had wonderful weekends and I will talk to you soon.

Keep a look out for my Munich, Sevilla, and Marbella blogs. They are coming soon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment